The Provincial OnCore Support Team (POST) will walk your team through a training and migration process by:
- Providing team engagement materials in advance
- Building your protocols, calendars, and budgets
- Training your team
- Providing resources to help you review and understand your calendar and budget in OnCore
- Being available to answer questions as they arise
For security and compliance purposes, training is mandatory to gain access to the system.
Step 1: Express your interest
To begin the process, have one team member complete the Getting Started form (found at the bottom of this page). You will need to provide some basic information and select the timing for your training and study migration.
Step 2: Team and trial intake
POST will reach out to collect some information from you. This includes details about your team members and their roles so that they receive the right training. POST also needs information about your protocols so that they can build your studies in OnCore for you.
Step 3: Complete the required training
Before you receive access to OnCore, you and your team will need to complete the required training in Design2Learn, an online platform. Each staff member whose job duties require access to OnCore must complete the required training for their role(s). Training is self-paced in bite-sized chunks so you choose the best time and place for you.
Step 4: Start working in OnCore
POST has built resources like checklists and video walkthroughs to teach you how to review your protocol, calendar and budget in OnCore. We are also available to meet with you one-on-one or in a group. After you complete the required training, we’ll activate your accounts in OnCore. In the meantime, POST will be working on your protocols with the aim to have them ready when you are finished training.
Consider the following items before you sign up to ensure your team is prepared to start using OnCore.
The studies that benefit most from being managed in OnCore are clinical trials that need to track participant visits and invoice sponsors. Existing studies can be migrated into OnCore in varying levels of detail (customizable to your needs).
As you prepare, compile a list of the studies you’d like migrated into OnCore. The following questions should be considered:
- Which of your existing studies do you wish to migrate into OnCore (consider the study status and the projected closure date)?
- Do you have new studies currently in start up?
- Do you have new studies for which you will soon commence start up activities?
POST will require the protocol and the budget to build your studies in OnCore.
If you’re unsure of where to start, POST can consult on which of your studies would be best suited for OnCore.
Every team has different clinical trial management needs, which is why OnCore is fully customizable. The value your team gets from OnCore depends on your specific needs. This could be anything from participant tracking and financial reconciliation to staff workload and effort tracking.
POST can help you explore the various features of OnCore and implement the ones of most valuable to you.
Before you sign up, the following questions should be considered:
- Is your PI supportive/interested in transitioning to OnCore?
- Do you know which parts of OnCore will benefit your team the most?
- Do you have a clear idea of who performs which roles on your clinical trials?
Learning a new system doesn’t happen overnight—especially with an expansive tool like OnCore. Your team will need to dedicate sufficient time for training and study migration activities. The entire process takes approximately 4-weeks.
POST will be your primary partner during the training and data migration period. They’ll be your go-to contact for all questions and will lead important set-up activities on your behalf (including building your studies and user accounts in OnCore).
Before you sign up, you should consider the following questions:
- Does your team have the time to commit to training?
- Would you like to be set up in OnCore prior to opening a new study?
- Are there new team members who should be trained to use OnCore (instead of being trained on existing processes)?
Register Your Interest
Use the form below to register your team’s interest in OnCore. Provide basic information about your trial team. Select the timing for your team’s training and migration.