What you Need to Know as an Investigator for a Research Study Linked to the Patient Record in Connect Care.
Monday May 13th, 2019, 7-8 AM, Bernard Snell Hall
If you are a principal investigator (PI) or co-PI, there is information you need to know …In November, research studies that are considered ‘in-scope’ for Connect Care will be linked to the patient records of study participants. These studies include interventional studies and observational studies requiring access to in-system functionality including scheduling of research visits, orders and other research recruitment tools. Research coordinators will be invited to work in-system to increase the visibility of research and clinical activities to both the clinical care team and the research team. Recently we held a “Day in the Life of a Research Coordinator” event to share what will and will not change with Connect Care. This event is intended to share that same information with Investigators.
You should attend this seminar if your study will be part of Wave 1 Connect Care Launch and Implementation:
- If you are a PI or co-PI with signing authority and oversight to interventional trials at a Wave 1 site.
- If your research coordinators and study teams are recruiting and carrying out a study protocol with study participants at Edmonton zone clinics and departments, including those currently using EMRs (such as eClinician)
- If you are your own research coordinator and self-reliant for all processes related to your studies at WMC or other Edmonton zone site going live with Connect Care in November.
Information on using Connect Care – Patient Safety First:
- Where and how PIs and CoPIs will use Connect Care (the CIS)
- How Research Coordinators will use the CIS
- What will and will not change when the CIS goes live November 2019
- What support research teams may need from you
- Overview of the training timelines and expectations of Research Coordinators
- General Q&A: what do you still need to know?
When and Where is this Happening:
- Bernard Snell Hall (Clinical Sciences Building, 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2B7)
- Monday, May 13, 2019
- 0700 – 0800hrs
- If you cannot join in person, please Join Skype Meeting by clicking the meeting invite below and ‘copying to my calendar’.
The types of questions that will be answered:
- What type of study data might be entered and accessed in the CIS?
- How will the CIS impact research records and workflows?
- How do I prepare myself and my study teams?
- What resources will be available to me before and after go-live?
If there are any questions or concerns prior the event please reach out to [email protected].