QMCR, REO, RSO, WCHRI, EPICORE, AHS, SPOR and NACTRC have joined efforts and are pleased to announce the second University of Alberta’s Quarterly Investigator/Coordinator Clinical Research Orientation days. This one-day event designed to orient clinician researchers, coordinators and other interested stakeholders to the key administrative and support services necessary and available for conducting both industry-sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical trials at the University of Alberta. Topics covered will include:
- Deciphering all of the acronyms in this announcement
- Obtaining project design and methods consultation
- Developing a protocol and case report forms
- Introduction to the ethics process at the U of A, including an overview of the online system and what you need to know about submitting an ethics application.
- Submitting an application to Health Canada and understand your obligations as a trial sponsor
- Setting up a research account
- Submitting a clinical trial research agreement or contract
- Obtaining AHS operational and administrative approvals
- Submitting requests for AHS health data access and disclosure, direct access to specific AHS data repositories and recruiting patients and staff within AHS facilities
- Obtaining study coordination and monitoring services
Friday, October 23, 2020
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM MST
Once registered, a separate calendar invite will be sent Thursday afternoon, October 22 by Scott Jamieson with the Zoom meeting details.